Sunday, October 20, 2013

Jumping in


Hey everybody! This is probably going to be super short, but I just wanted to say hey, I'm in Zambia, and I delivered my first baby on October 9th! She was wonderfully healthy and beautiful, see here :)




I don't get on the internet very often, but here's a little rundown of what has been going on. Every weekday we cram in a bus and go to The University Training Hospital, about 20 minutes away from the compound where we're staying (but with traffic about an hour). We split up into groups and rotate each day between the labour ward, admissions, and antenatal/postnatal. There are also teams each day that go to a smaller clinic to work with the midwives there, and also to a neighboring village to do teachings for a group of local women! They come out twice a week and are so keen to learn anything and everything healthcare, the basics really, and they in turn go and teach others. It's a beautiful thing! 

Every single day is chalk full of new experiences. Trusting in and relying on an invisible God, whose gentle and capable hands hold all of my questions and doubts and fears and hurts. There have been a lot of those lately, but He is so good. Ive been pondering a lot lately on what it means to be vulnerable, what it means to suffer for His name, and what He wants these next 8 months to look like for me. I'm still asking :).

I'm sorry that's all I can get out for now, but thank you for praying and thinking of me! Bless you!

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment